The MOJ Archive

This blog is an archive dedicated to the memory of my friend, Collin (AKA The MOJ) who passed away on April 26th 2006.  
 
I've archived most of the old posts because I went back and read them recently and some parts made me cringe with how badly I wrote them or how they contained thoughts I should probably have kept private.  But I still wanted to keep a sort of memorial of him here and have a sort of master post that at least kept some of the photos etc. just so the memories aren't lost.  So here's a poem he wrote along with a few photos.

Home In Christ


Wandering and lost I am shut out
Shut out from warmth
Shut out from love
My breath drifts around me-a smoking pall
In the drifting rain
Falling into the darkness at another dark road.
Until I decide to stop-
Wiping a wet hand down my wet face-
And look-look into the night
Just look, until I see the light-
The candle glow haloing the dim wooden frame.
Right there all the time-calling me
Calling me home.
I go to the flickering glow
The warm white light.
I knock at the door
And it opens without a sound.
And I am welcome.


Author: Collin Michael Kiernan
 
 
 


A few years back, they remastered Street Fighter 2 (one of Collin's favorites of course) and they put this guy in the background that looked just like him!


He's even doing the chin!



Collin and I at my wedding.  He was in Ireland that morning I believe but he fought through the jet lag and came to the reception.  I'm glad to have this picture.

A rainbow that appeared over the cemetery on the anniversary of his passing (it turned into a double not long after this photo was taken.)


Halloween party though I'm not sure of the year.  Collin dressed as Snake Plissken


I used to help Collin with his computer once in a while.  Once, in a payment I did not expect, he picked up this copy of Doom 3 for me.  I always thought that was a cool gesture and I always associate the game with him.

We often played Golden Axe together at the Milford Rec or on my brother's Sega Genesis at home.  I still play the game now but it makes me sad to not have his Amazon Warrior next to my Dwarf.

Long before he loved Halo, the MOJ loved Pigskin 621 A.D. We'd go bonkers playing this at the Rec but Collin would be extra animated and loud during this game. I think he almost got thrown out of the Rec one time because of all of the noise haha.  Anyway, between the trolls and the medieval weapons you could wield, we had a great time with this game.

Collin was quite the actor and I always wished I went to see more of his plays, though he never asked us to come.  But I did see him in a dark comedy called The Price of Murder and he was hilarious. 

Rest in peace my friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

17 Years

The passing of a friend