15 Years

And so, 15 years have passed.  I can remember looking at Collin's age 15 years ago and not thinking it was old but that it also wasn't young.  Needless to say I don't feel that way now.  Thirty four years old... Shame is the only word for it.  The well of stories and words of melancholy has pretty much run dry for me.  It's not that I don't miss him.  I very much do.  We all do.  We still gathered in his name once again this year and his absence in our gathering is still keenly felt.  But at this point, we're starting to get close to the time where he's been gone, at least from my life, almost as long as he was in it.  And while I'm not exactly old, I'm old enough that age is starting to rob some of my memories of the times we spent together.  Some of the memories are vivid but most of them have already been told here, some more than once.  But I don't mind going over the same old stories over and over in my head.  To me, they're good stories.  There just weren't enough of them.

Of course the day wouldn't be complete if I didn't relive some of our good times.  So...

I vanquished Death=Adder as we did so often together...

Took on the vaunted Troll Bowl...

and showed the Trolls their place.

I stomped on Dhalsim as you did when you last played against Vin.

And I placed your name at the top where it belongs.

EDIT:

I archived the previous years of posts.  I didn't delete them but I did archive them after I read few for the first time in a very long time.  And frankly, some of them were a more than little embarrassing to read.  I know I wrote them from the point of view of grief but in hindsight, they were thoughts that maybe should have been kept private or at least worded differently.  I basically wrote them for myself in the first place but I guess I was also just hoping that someone who knew him might see the posts and reach out or feel better knowing they weren't alone.  And a couple of people did contact me, for which I am grateful.  But it's probably well past time to pack them away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The MOJ Archive

17 Years

The passing of a friend